Monday, August 15, 2005

Seafood sanitation: Ozone

When you talk about cleaning a fish plant and rinsing the fish, you may want to talk about the advantages of ozone.

I had a little experience with an ozone generator once, so this article struck a chord. I was trying to dry up my parents basement in Petersburg, Alaska at the time. Many of you know that if you have a basement there it's like having a boat. The concrete walls of the basement are "underwater" in that rainforest. So the walls leak and mold grows and odors emanate to give you a "sick" house.

So I borrowed an ozone generator and turned it on for a day down there. The result was dead looking mold all over and a nice new smell. I'm sure that what the makers of this equipment are saying is correct, that if you use the air to distrubute your cleaning agent, you get into every crack imaginable.

Now this process won't clean a process room, you need to blast the dirty surfaces with something else. There used to be what was called Good Manufacturing Practices that the Federal Government put out that seafood processors followed. Now States have their own rules, and generally prescribe chlorine in the washdown water.

I don't know if the DEC in Alaska, for example, would go for cleaning entirely with ozone impregnated water and air, but it sure would be less toxic to the food going through the plant.

Colloidal silver is another one of these natural pathogen killing problem solvers that is overlooked in favor of distributing a chemical industry product. Remember that silver was used by the royalty in Europe to keep them from getting the black plague. The just didn't have the ability to make a silver product in a form that would keep you from getting a bluish tinge to your skin, hence "Blue bloods."

I used colloidal silver for awhile, and one effect, besides knocking out the symptoms of a flu, was the disappearance of my tennis elbow problems. At the time antibiotics were invented, there were about 35 different silver based products in the pharmacies. And remember that the pioneers on the Oregon trail hung silver coins in their water casks to prevent germs from growing.

Silver is great as a tooth filling material, the only problem with amalgam is that they mix the silver with about half mercury. And mercury is one of the most toxic substances to the human body. Why else did they warn us when we were kids to not roll mercury drops around in our palms?


Post a Comment

<< Home